Sportzware Central - Zip and Email
This function will zip (compress) your data and open your email client (eg. Outlook Express) for the purpose of sending your data to a specified recipient. By default, this function will send the data to email@example.com. However, you can send a dataset to anyone, effectively becoming another means of backing up your data off site.
- From the Data Manager screen, select your database (single click).
- Click on Support in the menu and select Zip and Email.
- Your database will be zipped. This may take a minute or two.
- The To field will already be populated with firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to send the database to another address, overwrite the support address with your desired email address. Your email address will automatically be displayed.
- Write a description of the problem or any other message you wish to send to the email recipient in the main text field.
- Click on Send (this can take anywhere from 2 minute to 30 minutes depending on the size of the database).
When the database has been successfully sent the following message will appear: "A backup copy of your Sportzware Central database has been created and emailed to SportsTG."