Installation (Single User)
- We suggest you shut down all other applications that are running before starting the installation process.
- If you have a Sportzware Central CD insert the CD in to your computer's CD-Rom drive.
- A CD an AutoPlay should appear - click on Run Sportzware_7_0_setup_exe.
- If the AutoPlay screen does not load, go to Start > My Computer and double click on the CD Rom Drive Icon. The Sportzware Central setup screen should appear.
- If you are not installing via CD, but rather have saved the installation file from the internet to your computer, double-click on the installation file.
- You will be prompted to install Sportzware Central.
- A setup confirmation message will appear. Click on Yes.
- Click on Download Sportzware Central.
- You will be asked to select which language you wish to use when running the program. Select your language from the drop down box and click OK.
- Click on Next to continue.
- The Setup Wizard will open. Click on Next to proceed.
- Read the terms of the Sportzware Central License Agreement and select 'I accept the agreement'. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the name of your organisation in both the ‘User Name’ field and the ‘Organisation’ field. Click on Next to continue.
- You will be asked for the location on your computer to which you want to install Sportzware Central. The default location is C:\Program Files\Sportzware. If you wish to change this location click on Browse and navigate to the desired location in your directory. To proceed to the next screen click on Next.
- The next screen provides you with four types of installation. Select the ‘Standalone Computer’ installation. Click on Next.
- The next screen will display a summary of the information you have selected so far. If you are happy with this information and ready to proceed with the installation of Sportzware Central, click on Install to proceed.
- Sportzware Central will be installed onto your computer.
- Enter the registration code for your association provided to you by SportsTG.
- When the Sportzware Central installation is complete you may be prompted to restart your computer. If this occurs restart now.
If the ‘Launch Sportzware Central’ box is checked, clicking on the Finish button will close the install and launch Sportzware Central. If it is not checked it will just close the install program.
Check for Online Updates
It is now recommended that you run an upgrade of Sportzware Central to ensure that you have all the latest updates.
Sportzware Central can be used without a registration code for a 21 day period, allowing organisations to trial the software. If you wish to continue to use Sportzware Central once the evaluation period has expired then please contact SportsTG on sales@SportsTG.com.
Installation (Network User)
Installing Sportzware Central across a network requires a basic understanding of how your computer network works. Every network is different so it is not possible to write a set of instructions that will work everywhere. The following is meant as a guide and if you have any doubts about installing Sportzware Central over a network we recommend that you obtain the assistance of your IT expert or network technician.
The following instructions are based on Sportzware Central having not been previously installed on any of these computers (server and clients).
- On the computer that you wish to use as your server install Sportzware Central as per the above instructions for ’Installation (Single User)’. There are two exceptions that need to be made to the process. The first is that in step 8 the default location needs to be C:\Sportingpulse\Sportzware and in Step 9 you need to select the ’Network Server Installation’. It is recommended that you chose the quickest computer (usually the central server) on the network and install Sportzware Central on this computer first. This will be referred to as the ’Server’ computer. The other computers on the network that will be using Sportzware Central will be referred to as the ’Client’ computers.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct registration and network code that have been provided to you by SportsTG.
- Make sure you upgrade the Sportzware Central program by launching the software and clicking on Support then clicking on Upgrade Sportzware Central.
- Once the upgrade has taken place you need to load each of the required databases. To do this, launch each database and when prompted allow the backup then the upgrade to take place. This process ensures the databases will be compatible with the most up-to-date version of the software you are using.
- Exit out of Sportzware Central. Go to the Sportzware Central folder on the server and create a folder titled ’Install’. If you originally installed Sportzware Central by downloading it from the Internet, locate where you saved the installation file ’Sportzware_7_0_Setup.exe’ and copy the file to the folder you just created on the server. If you originally installed Sportzware Central from a Sportzware Central CD, insert the CD in to the CD Rom Drive. Close the screen that automatically loads when you put the CD into the CD-Rom Drive and go to ’My Computer’. Right click the mouse on the CD-Rom Drive icon and select Explore. Copy the file titled ’Sportzware_7_0_Setup.exe’ to the folder you just created on the server.
- Share the Sportzware Central Folder on the server and then ensure that users mapping this folder will have full access to this folder. The share on this folder should give users read, write and execute permissions.
- Map the Sportzware Central folder on all of the client machines you wish Sportzware Central to operate. It is recommended that you map your Sportzware Central folder as S Drive.
- Go to the first client computer you wish to network Sportzware Central on and make sure all other applications have been closed.
- On this computer go to S Drive (or the drive which you mapped in Step 4 of the network installation) and open the Install folder.
- Double click on the install file that you copied there in Step 3 of the network install process. When prompted click on the Next button to continue.
- Read the terms of the Sportzware Central License Agreement and select ’I accept the agreement’. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the name of your organisation in both the ’User Name’ field and the ’Organisation’ field. Once the details are entered click on Next.
- You will then be asked where you wish to install Sportzware Central onto your computer. The default location is C:\Program Files\Sportzware. You will need to change this to the path of the network drive that you mapped earlier (eg. S:\). To change this location click on the Browse button then navigate to the directory in which you wish to install Sportzware Central. You will receive a message explaining that this folder already exists, click YES. Click on Next.
- The next screen provides you with four types of installation. Select the ’Network Client Setup’ installation and click on the Next.
- The next screen will detail a summary of the information you have selected so far. If you are happy with this information and ready to proceed with the installation of Sportzware Central click on Yes then click on Install.
- Sportzware Central will now be installed onto the computer.
- When the Sportzware Central installation is complete you may be prompted to restart your computer. If this occurs restart now. If the ’Launch Sportzware Central’ box is checked, clicking on the Finish button will close the install and launch Sportzware Central. If it is not checked it will just close the install program.
- If you have chosen to launch the program you will be required to enter the registration and network codes that have been provided by SportsTG.
- Complete steps 7 to 16 to install Sportzware Central on each of the Client Machines you want included on the Sportzware Central network.
- After installing SWC on all the client machines you can upgrade sportzware centralfrom any computer connected to the Internet.
When you are doing an upgrade also ensure that Sportzware Central is not running on any computer at the time that the upgrade occurs. If you have just completed a fresh install of Sportzware Central on your server then we recommend that you undertake an upgrade now to ensure that you have latest version.
Adding Data Locations on Client Machines
- On the server machine go to the Data Manager Screen and click File > Backup/Restore/Compact. A new screen will open - click Backup. The Data Backup screen will open, click Backup again.
- Once the backup has finished click OK and then Close.
- Go to the client computer you wish to add the database to.
- At the Data Manager screen click on File > Add Location > Add Existing Database.
- Locate the drive that was mapped (S:/) when the server installation took place.
- Open the Sportzware folder and then the Data folder.
- Open the folder of the particular database (generally with the name of the sporting association, e.g. Basketball Australia) that you wish to add to the client computer.
- Highlight the sportz.fdb file and then click Open.
- Click on the Test connection button to make sure the connection to the database is working.
- Click OK on the edit location screen to exit to the Data Manager screen, where you will see the database you have added. Your can now launch the database.