Associations sometimes create custom fields on a registration form that they would like visible on a members profile so they can edit this information if needed. These fields need to be configured correctly in order to display on a members profile. This also applies for those fields that already exist/have already been created.
NOTE: Only an association can configure these fields to display on a members profile - if you are a club then you will need to speak to your association directly who can configure these fields to display.
If you are a state or national body you also have the ability to edit these fields as well, and the process will be the same, you will just need to do it from state or national level.
These fields can be configured to display on a members profile at two levels:
- For my level (association)
- For levels below (club)
* The registraion option is related to how you want to display it on the registration form itself.
1. Log into your association database.
2. Create your custom fields if not already done so. Custom field creation can be found here.
3. Click on the settings cog on the right hand side of the database.
4. Click SETTINGS.
5. Click on FIELD CONFIGURATION.
6. Scroll down to find the field you created and click on the NAME.
7. Select how you would like this field to display FOR MY LEVEL.
8. Select how you would like this field to display FOR LEVELS BELOW. This can match that of your level.
The most common configurations are EDITABLE and COMPULSORY.
Fields can in several ways:
- Let levels below choose - this gives clubs the ability to choose how they want this to display on their member profiles. This option is best if you are not fussed with whether or not clubs choose to use this field or not or if the field created has come from a club level request.
- Hidden - this means the field does not appear within a member profile at all.
- Read Only- this field will display as optional on the members profile however it cannot be edited- only use this option if the answer to this field won't change (e.g birth certificate number).
- Editable - this means that the field will display on the members profile but it can be left blank if they don't want to answer this field.
- Compulsory - this means that the field will display on the members profile and it must be filled out before saving their profile- it cannot be left blank.
- Add only compulsory - this means the field will appear on the members profile as compulsory but it cannot be edited - it is best to aviod using this option as it rarely needing to be used.
9. Once you have selected how you need that field to display on a members profile, click SAVE OPTIONS > you can then view the members profile to see this field.
If you cannot see it on the main page of their member profile, click SHOW ALL and the field will be at the bottom of the information.
If this field was filled in via a registration form, the field will automatically appear with the answer from the form, if not you will need to manually fill this in.