Associations have the ability to set a default (compulsory) product for every new member or team that is added to Membership or registers to a new season. Upon creation of a new member or team record, or registration of an existing member or team into a new season, the default product will automatically be assigned. The three ways that a member is assigned the default registration product are:
Firstly, login to your Online Membership Database - If you don’t have your login details please contact your State Governing Body or Association.
1. Manual creation of a new record (an administrator adds a new member or team directly into Membership)
2. Manually registering a member to a new season (by an administrator)
3. Self-registration through the online Member or Team Registration Form. The default product will automatically show on the form when a player or team registers.
To set a default registration product:
1. From the association level of Membership, click on Registrations in the menu and select Products from the drop-down menu.
2. Scroll down the bottom to 'Default Registration Product'. There are two drop-down lists - one for a default 'member' product and one for a default 'team' product. From the appropriate drop-down list (Member or Team), select the product that you want to make the default (compulsory) product for new registrations.
3. Click on Update to save the settings.
Below is an example of how the default product would appear on a member registration form. You will notice that the default product (VAFA Registration) is pre-selected for that new registration and it cannot be removed.
When the registration is processed, or a new member record is manually added to the database by the administrator, the default product will be automatically added to the member's record. This can be viewed by going to the member's record and clicking on Transactions in the menu. Below is an example: